Shaṭ Gombuj Moshjid or the Sixty Dome Mosque, a part of the Mosque City of Bagerhat, is the largest mosque in Bangladesh from the sultanate period (1204-1576) and a UNESCO World Heritage Site. It was built during the Bengal Sultanate by Ulugh Khan Jahan, the governor of the Sundarbans. It has been described as one of the most impressive Muslim monuments in the whole of the Indian subcontinent.
The construction of the mosque was started in 1442 and it was completed in 1459. The mosque was used for prayers, and also as a madrasha and assembly hall. The 'Sixty Dome' Mosque has walls of unusually thick, tapered brick in the Tughlaq style and a hut-shaped roofline that anticipates later styles. The length of the mosque is 160 feet and width is 108 feet. There are 77 low domes arranged in seven rows of eleven, and one dome on each corner, bringing the total to 81 domes. There are four towers. Two of four towers were used to call azaan. The interior is divided into many aisles and bays by slender columns, which culminate in numerous arches that support the roof.